Sunday, June 15, 2014

House Warming Feast: Blueberry infused Caramel Pudding!

So after getting married in Decemeber '2013, I moved with my husband in Indiana, USA where he is currently studying. We have a great student community here. You can tell that they are my second family. Me and my husband were thinking about a house warming party so I got busy with the menu. For dessert, I wanted to make Pudding- 3 styles. One style is known to all, the classic cream caramel pudding. For the rest of the two, I decided to go with Blueberry infused caramel pudding and Cherry glazed caramel pudding. Both of them were my first trials so I was keeping my fingers crossed. It was lovely to see that my guests finished the last bit of pudding slices and also asked for recipes. Nothing can be more satisfying for a baker at that point. I was overwhelmed and grateful to Almighty for everything being right. Let's share with you the first experimental pudding today and I will be back with the other experiment as the next recipe. 

Blueberry infused Caramel Pudding


Ingredients: 

1. 6 Eggs
2. 3 cups whole milk 
3. 1 1/2 cup sugar (divided)
4. 2 drops of vanilla essence
5. 1/2 cup fresh or frozen blueberries

Process: 

1. In a saucepan, stir 3/4 cup of sugar on a medium flame until it is dissolved and turn golden. Meanwhile, add 1/4 cup of  fresh or frozen raspberries into the caramel and stir occasionally in a soft hand. This will turn the caramel into a beautiful purple color. Make sure, do not burn the caramel, it will taste bitter then. 

2. In a separate pan, beat the eggs, vanilla, milk and remaining sugar with a mixer.  Add the remaining blueberries (1/4 cup) and mix well. Strain the mix through a sleeve if you want to get rid of the skins of the blueberries. Make sure that the mix should not get foamy due to over beating. 

3. Pour the mixture into the caramelized sauce pan and place it onto the preheated oven (350 degrees) for 35-40 minutes. Run a knife to see if it comes out clean. If yes, the pudding is baked. 

4. Cool the pudding on a rack and place it onto the serving plate gently. Dress it with vibrant blueberries! 

* Optional: You can use blackberry, strawberry, raspberry or cherry instead of blueberry. Recipe remains same. Just follow your intuition to balance the natural sweetness of the fruit used and the amount of sugar required to be added to the recipe. Over-sweetness is a strong NO-NO for a perfect caramel pudding. 

Enjoy! 



No comments:

Post a Comment