Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Caramel Pudding- A walk through the memory lane.

I am a dessert person. That is pretty much about me. Baking and making desserts have given me a sense of immense joy from the very childhood. I can still recall the days when I used to dig my spoon in my mum's caramel pudding and used to wonder when I will be able to make something of that kind. Years have passed, being recently married and moving to USA have given me some spare time now to write about the recipes that I love most and often try. I hope you will enjoy the journey of my sweet trials along with me. Please feel free to ask me any query regarding the recipes and also if you need to know anything about desserts. I will try my best to help you out!




Caramel Pudding

Ingredients: 
1. Eggs- 6
2. Whole Milk- 3 cups
3. Sugar- 2 and 4 tbsp (divided)
4. Vanilla Extract: 1 teaspoon

Process: 
1. On stove, place your desired saucepan (oven proof pan if you intend to use oven), stir two tbsp of sugar until it's dissolved and caramelized. Make sure you keep an eye on it so that it doesn't burn. Rest it aside for cooling.

2. In  a mixing bowl, crack the eggs, pour the milk and vanilla essence. Beat it well together for 5-6 minutes. Make sure it should not get a foamy texture due to over beating. 

3. In the caramelized sauce pan, pour the mixture. Do not stir it afterwards. Keep it aside.

4.  Now if you are using an oven, place the saucepan in a square baking pan. Fill it up with water to a depth of 1 inch. Now preheat the oven at 350° and bake the pudding for 40-45 minutes. To check if the pudding is baked, place a knife in middle and see if it is coming out clean. If yes, that is the point where you know, your caramel pudding is ready. 

5. Rest the pudding in room temperature for an hour. After that you can keep it in the freezer to serve it cold. If you want to unfold it, run a knife through the edges and invert onto dessert plate. 

6.Finishing touches: you can decor it with nuts (I used cashews & cherries) or also fresh berries just before serving. 

Serves: 6-8 people. 

Enjoy! 


No comments:

Post a Comment