Thursday, June 5, 2014

First Trial with Apple Pie!

I was always fascinated by the pictures of pies made by the storybook grandma for her grandkids. Few months earlier, I decided to make one of my own. Here in USA, things are very easy if you do not want to start from the scratch. But I did not want to use ready crust because then you can just pour the filling and serve. I wanted to make the dough on my own so I got myself a packet of pie crust. The experiment was full of fun and I was happy to see that when I was struggling with the rolled dough to transfer in onto my pie pan, my hubby came over to give me a hand. We were anxiously waiting when the timer started and the pie went onto the oven. When it was baked and we peeked at it, it looked delicious! Later we thought of sharing the pie at a dinner invitation that night, and everyone loved it with a scoop of whipped cream! Hope you will enjoy baking it sometime too! 


Apple Pie




Ingredients:

1. Pie crust mix- 1 pckt
2. Country style apples- 1 can
3. Egg white-1
4. Water-4-6 tbsps


Process: 

1. First take two cups of pie crust mix and mix water with it 1 tbsp at a time with a fork. Now gradually make two doughs and keep aside for 15 minutes.

2. Now roll the first dough 2'' inches longer than the inverted pan. Place the roll in the pan and make the edges right with your hand. Now brush the egg white well.

3. Stir the apples from the can and place it over the rolled dough. You can also make your own filling with apples and syrup at home.

4. Now make another roll and with a cookie cutter, make long strips. Cover the pie with criss cross strips and brush egg whites well.





5. Preheat the oven at 425• and bake the pie at the same temperature for 40-45 minutes. After 20 minutes, cover the edges with foil to avoid burnt edges.

7. Apples should be tender and pie should be golden brown and crisp, then you know it's ready!

-Serve after cooling for two hours. Serves best with ice cream or whipped cream!



Enjoy the pie! You can use any fruit mix you want, apple pie is just the authentic one!

No comments:

Post a Comment