Friday, November 11, 2016

Baking my Birthday treat: Nutella 4 layer drip cake!!!

So my husband dearest wanted to get me a cake for my birthday but instead I insisted please let me bake my birthday cake this time, haha~


Ingredients 





Process

1. Bake two 9 inch chocolate cakes (link: http://trials-with-sweet-tooth.blogspot.com/2014/09/black-forest-torte.html )

2. After the cakes are cool in room temperature, cut each one into half (horizontally).

3. Spread whipped cream (I used store bought) and sprinkle nuts. 



4. Close the lid of the cake and repeat the process for the second cake. 


5. You may also drip some chocolate syrup (I used Hersey's) in between the cake layers. It will keep the cakes moist.  


6.Close the top lid and keep the cake in fridge for good one hour. 


7. Next we need to make the icing. Link for the buttercream icing recipe: 


8. Gently spread the icing all over the cake using a spatula. After you are done with frosting, again keep the cake in fridge for 2-3 hours. The more time you will keep the cake in the fridge at this point, the well it will set before the final stage! 


9. Let's make our chocolate ganache now. This is basically melting the chocolate with whipping cream over a double boiler on stove top. You may also microwave to do the same.Make sure it does not get too thick. 



10. Use a similar type of bottle (orange in the picture) to work as your dropper. 

11. Starting with the sides, gently pour the ganache. Use a spatula to spread out if you want. Let it drip as naturally as possible. 


12. Now comes the fun part, I just used an empty hazelnut spread jar 9like Nutella) and place it on top. Also I had some snickers, caramel popcorn to go with it. At the very last moment, used some biscuits as well. So you get to be creative as much as possible.

13. Voila, it's done. I could not take a perfect picture of a perfect slice as my friends loved it and we were going insane cutting out the pieces and distribute it. But here is an insider look:


No comments:

Post a Comment